Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First Post of a New Adventure

And, here we go..... The first blog.  Will anyone be that interested in the artistry and musings of a 40-something woman on a quest to find her passion?  Let's hope there may be a few out there who are willing to attempt this journey with me.  With one of my 4 children out of the house ~ another one on the way out, next year ~ and 2 very active and independent little boys left at home, it was time to give some thought to what I would like to do now that I am beginning a new stage in my life.  With some help and prodding from my husband, family, and friends (especially Miss Deb Owen, check her blog out at... http://twicenice.blogspot.com).  I figured... why not?  I do enjoy and respond to all things creative.  I love to look at other's work and wonder... How did they do that?  Can I do that?  Can I tweak it?  Do I want it in my home?  Can I create something all my own?  We shall see.  We shall see.  Now being a mother of 4 ( a stay at home mother of 4), means I have had to budget, A LOT.  I don't mind it so much.  This has allowed those creative juices to flow.  I prepared homemade family meals, I quilt, I sew, I re-purpose, I repair and re-purpose things, I find new ways of using things that I may already have or have found picking.   What is picking?  Oh my!  Garage sale bargains, free items, thrift stores, estate sales, any sale.  You name it, and I will give it a go. 


 On a soapbox note:  I really believe we are a blessed society that is so quick to throw things out and buy new.   We have huge homes and are never quite content with what we have... and continue to want more.  A consumer society.  I am ready to re-consume.  Okay, that may not be a word, but let's start a revolution!


I will be starting this blog as I am leaving on vacation... so bear with me.  What better time to start something than the present?  So even on my travels, I will be looking for unwanted furniture to give new life to.  Got a picture frame?  I can make something with that.  How about linens, fabric, odds and ends? Check, check and check.


On this blog you will find some re-purposed items for sale, some artistry items, eventually (hopefully) some tutorials, yummy meal plans and recipes, ideas, musings, links to some great blogs, great finds, and a little humor.  Okay, I hope you get my humor and silliness.   You may occasionally see a cute little blond head, or a sparkle of a blue eye.  Those are my children.  I am a pretty proud mom.  You may see a strikingly handsome, tall man... that would be my husband.  Yeah, he is pretty fabulous.  


So, without further delay... let's BLOG!

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo, here you go! Glad to see you are up and running girlfriend!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Dropped by from Deb's blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete